(Subcontract to the New Mexico Office of Substance Abuse Prevention). Using the Strategic Prevention Framework, PIRE is supporting the state’s evaluation of nine Partnerships for Success 2015 (PFS 15) funded communities in New Mexico to prevent underage drinking and prescription opioid misuse by:
- Maintaining a statewide evaluation design and protocol for the PFS-15 award;
- Developing and maintaining evaluation tools (e.g., Annual Strategies for Success for Youth and New Mexico Community Survey for adults);
- Analyzing and reporting data for communities and the state;
- Providing evaluation guidance to contractors and the state;
- Conducting database management; and
- Writing state level evaluation reports.
This evaluation work is funded under subcontract to the State of New Mexico Office of Substance Abuse Prevention (OSAP), Behavioral Health Services Department.
Additional PIRE Investigators
- Marissa Elías, M.P.H.
- Marie-Elena Reyes
- Martha Waller, Ph.D.
- Kim Zamarin, M.P.H.
- Lei Zhang, Ph.D.
Haozous, E. A., Knobf, M. T. (2013). "All my tears were gone": Suffering and cancer pain in Southwest American Indians. Journal of Pain and Symptom Management, 45 (6) 1050-60. DOI: 10.1016/j.jpainsymman.2012.06.001 PMCID: PMC3514593 https://www.jpsmjournal.com/article/S0885-3924(12)00307-7/fulltext
Jaramillo, E. T., Willging, C. E., Green, A. E., Gunderson, L. M., Fettes, D. L., Aarons, G. A. (2019). "Creative Financing": Funding evidence-based interventions in human service systems. Journal of Behavioral Health Services and Research, 46 (3) 366-383. DOI: 10.1007/s11414-018-9644-5 PMCID: PMC6816239 https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/30535899
Watson, M. K., Bonham, C. A., Willging, C. E., Hough, R. L. (2011). "An Old Way to Solve an Old Problem": Provider perspectives on recovery-oriented services and consumer capabilities in New Mexico.. Human Organization, 70 (2) 107-117. DOI: 10.17730/humo.70.2.d4213w7928457280 PMCID: PMC3164828 https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3164828/